Tuesday, November 13, 2012

masks made of metal

Here is my latest adventure in mask making with 7th graders. I found these
on Pinterest and had to try them!  We used 36 gauge aluminum and colored
sharpies. Students double matted them with black and marbled
construction paper by School Smart.


Students drew out their mask onto the metal with a skinny stick,
then used a Popsicle stick to push some parts back and
bring some forward to create some dimension.



I used cardboard to create small easels,
which are perfect for the finished 9 by 9 inch pieces!

1 comment:

  1. Hi - just happened upon your nice blog - would you consider a follower gadget on your layout so that you will appear on your readers' blogger dashboard? I don't want to receive your blog posts via email - I get too much email as it is, but would love to be able to 'follow', rather than subscribe by email. ~ Thanks, Phyl

    ReplyDelete