Wednesday, December 5, 2012

altered cabinet cards

I love to alter cabinet cards and use vintage images for collage!
She is a "Queen of Hearts" for my Love Book (to be posted about soon). 
I scalloped the edges and "pinked her up" with lots of doodads and trims.



I made this during a class taught by my friend Jo McQueen.  She provided the picture taken from a cabinet card and the tea cup.  I cut around the little girl, added wings, a nest and an egg.
















 
This was made with tags, papers, stamps,
ephemera, and images from Mrs. O'Leary's.


I borrowed this idea from the book Vintage Collage Works
I used the back of a thick canvas and filled it just like a shadow box. 
This was also an art junk swap challenge from my Altered Artists group.
 


Here is this year's Christmas ornament for my Altered Artists group.  I found the glittery cage at WalMart for a couple dollars and knew I had to create a little fairy for it!  I added some sparkly pink eggs from Michael's and copper tinsel for a nest.

No comments:

Post a Comment