Saturday, August 20, 2011

what i did during my summer vacation

Although I didn't get to go anywhere or do anything too exciting over summer break, I did spend my stay-cation making as much art as possible.  Isn't that what summer for art teachers should be about?  Posted here are just a few of my fabulously artful summer projects! 
White on white canvas designed and
 inspired by my friend Elaine.


"Nautilus" book designed and taught by Joni Russell from Mrs. O'leary's art store in Wichita, KS.  The cover is made of copper with a leather binding.  
Pages are stamped with the new mermaid stamps from the Artful Illusions stamp line.






This bottle, the copper book and the white canvas were all part of the Art Unplugged weekend at Mrs. O'Leary's in June.  It was a weekend full of activities and classes with attendees not only from Wichita, but from all over the country!  It was lots of fun to meet new artist friends and hang with art people who "get it!"



A canvas inspired by Dawn Edmonson at
http://the-feathered-nest.blogspot.com/



This is a mask made for a challenge with my Altered Artists group.  It is made using a plastic mask form from JoAnne's. I decoupaged torn pieces of Tim Holtz idea-ology kraft resist paper stash.

I then cut out a double thickness of paper for the butterflies so they could "pop" from the mask. I love how this turned out, thanks for the challenge idea, Nancy!












A shadow box fairy/pixie class taught by my friend Jo McQueen as inspired from a class she took at Art & Soul with artist Stephanie Rubiano.

So, overall, I had a very artful summer. 
Hopefully I can keep up the mojo during the school year...
I miss summer already!

6 comments:

  1. You are awesome Ronda! I love your book, especially the nautilus and the funky copper cover. And the butterfly mask is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful compositions.
    I love the masks.

    I often design mixed media projects for my students.

    Your blog is inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That copper book is really something special. Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your mask. Why haven't I ever seen it?

    ReplyDelete