Thursday, December 8, 2011

puzzle art


This fall, for my Altered Artist group, we have been busy altering puzzle pieces.  Each participant came up with a theme for their puzzle and traded pieces with everyone.  As they were finished, members revealed their creations, returning the pieces to the original owner.  Here are a few of the pieces I finished for the group.  Above is for Bonnie's theme "Black and White and Red Allover."  It was definitely a challenging theme, but it turned out to be one of my favorites!  Left is a piece for Andi.  She found people shaped pieces that link together in many ways.  I chose an art theme for hers.  This would be fun for the art room too!

Above and left are the pieces I created for Yolanda.  She chose Halloween as her theme.   I had fun filling the space with lots of spooktacularness by layering stamps, papers, and ephemera.      I love how her puzzle is coming together, I may have to steal this theme next time! 

Below is Nancy's piece.  She chose Golden Age of Movies as her theme.  I found this advertisement for one of Charlie Chaplin's movies titled  "Modern Times" and was inspired to steampunk it up!


I had a blast working with everyone's themes and it was a great challenge to fit
an artwork on an interesting shape!  I hope we get to do this again sometime!

No comments:

Post a Comment