Tuesday, March 24, 2015

new canvases

I have been playing with canvases lately.  Here are a few of my creations.  Above is an 8 by 8 inch canvas with leaf stencil layers, and corrugated house shape over a piece of old quilt on top of a piece of cross stitch cloth.  This was inspired by a recent trip to my friend Ruth's lake house, and given to her as a house warming gift

The three canvases above were created using a gelli plate.  I knew I would put these in my mermaid/manatee themed bathroom (yes, it is true!) so I used colors that reminded me of the sea. They are 10 by 10 inch canvases and hung as a triptych, as shown here.  I love the layers created with the stencils and printing.  I also applied a thick medium through a word stencil to add a bit of a story element to the series.  It reads "come together in beauty, release and surrender, yesterday, today, and tomorrow."




This is a series I created inspired by a class by Donna Downey.  The challenge was to create ten 10 by 10 canvases in ten days.  I decided to complete five 12 by 12 canvases in 5 days. I mostly used Tim Holtz distressing ink pads and sprays to apply the colors. I also used a house theme for my added ephemera.

I always enjoy the challenge of working on a canvas.  
You can see more of my canvases here.

1 comment:

  1. Love the abstract nature of these canvases! The drippy paint is so cool. Absolutely wonderful.

    ReplyDelete