Wednesday, March 25, 2015

manatee mania


Manatee in acrylic on canvas board.

Did you know that March 25th is 
Manatee Appreciation Day???
I thought I would celebrate by posting some of the manatee art work from my collection.  I am slightly obsessed with manatees and I have been since forever.  So I can not help making manatee art whenever I need a theme and collecting it to make me happy.  
These are just a few of my collection...
Texturally gessoed masonite board, mixed media manatees.
Manatee hand carved by a local folk artist and bought at a craft sale for a buck!
Ceramic manatee mug I made in high school.
"Manatee and the Sea" Acrylic on canvas by my bestie Larissa.
I drew this manatee using Tombow markers.
Resourced from "How to Draw Baby Animals" by  Top That!  Publishing.

These are just a few of my manatee masterpieces.  Someday soon, I will post about middle school manatee art lessons and a few other masterpieces floating around here! 
And remember...Appreciate those manatees 
today (and everyday)!!!
Image by Peppermint Narwhal Creative


No comments:

Post a Comment