Monday, November 2, 2015

Day of the Dead

These are my latest Day of the Dead projects. This is a wooden box with a a shadow box glued inside the lid to create a box of remembrance. I was able to gather different Day of the Dead symbols that are important to me and represent those who are dear to me who have passed. 


The front and back covers were painted black and then covered with this fun sugar skull paper.
This year's alter or ofrenda for my classroom has grown!  In addition to some fun Day of the Dead accessories, I added pictures of our artful Mexican ancestors to honor.
Jose Posada and his Catrina
Frida Khalo and her self portrait
Diego Rivera self portrait

This is the front/back of a 3 by 4 inch altered Artist Block in the Day of the Dead theme. I modpodged a pre-designed skull napkin over a distressed paint layer in white. I added rhinestones, corrugated cardboard, and lace to finish.
You can see more Day of the Dead projects here.

We will be creating sugar skull prints and metal repousees this week in 7th grade. Be sure to check back soon for pics!

No comments:

Post a Comment